Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Youth for Change and Inspire Experience


It seems long days I didn’t have free time to write something. I know I have to write periodically to share my great experiences, ideas and knowledge with all of you. So that .Today, I’m writing to you to let you know about my latest great experience. This experience it’s not like any experience I have gained. I believe this experience was an exceptional opportunity for me to inspire others and to be inspired. This experience was with YOUTH FOR CHANG.
Recently, in December 2011, I got the official invitation to get involved in the Conference of Arab World Is Changing. Conducted in the Hellene Palestine Hotel in Alexandria. This conference was under the umbrella of the Bibliotheca Alexandria and Arab Reform Initiative, aims at addressing the current regional challenges affecting the Arabs communities in the MENA in particular after the Arabs’ Spring .In addition, to raise the awareness of the young leaders about the current difficult issues in the Middle East such as the democratic revolutions, regional cooperation, mutual understanding, peace and development. Also the conference was aiming to support the Arab’s youth with the tools, skills and knowledge to develop their local communities and foster the economic, social and culture exchange with the young people form different background.
Therefore, through the conference I got benefits in developing network of individuals and organizations in the Arab civic communities. Also I gained regional experience while I’m sharing ideas and knowledge with other young leaders.  This conference truly gives me a unique opportunity to demonstrate my skills and knowledge in the panel discussions with regional guest speakers and participants. Moreover, through my  active  participation in this conference I  developed a partnerships , built a community of relationships based on respect and caring  with activist leaders  from Palestine, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Tunisia, Morocco ,Sudan ,Kuwait  ,Libya and Yemen  , so we had been exchanged the culture of leadership and  change with each others.
On the other hand, I attended the YCF Phase III Conference Meeting; this meeting was aiming to give the youth winners the opportunities to present their inspiring projects, and to help them to developing their skills and tools to managing their projects in a professional manner. To this aim, YFC team was doing their extra-efforts through engaging the youth in different panel discussions, training and culture evening, to inspire them to be active role models in their communities, who have the strong desire and social responsibility towards positive change, in order to make difference and to be agent of change. Besides, their efforts to provide small - grants to support implementing youth’s initiatives in their communities.
The “Youth for Change” program aims at inspiring, informing and involving Arab’s Youth to be Agents of Change in their communities. The phase II of this program focuses on the theme: Global Youth Culture and Participation, and was launched in December 2009, through a partnership between TakingITGlobal and Bibliotheca Alexandria with local organizations.  And Phase III of this program focuses on the theme: Take Action, Dialogue and Mutual understanding, were launched in 2010 and 2011. The program also aims at encouraging cross-culture dialogue and supporting youth –led development through local projects in 14 priority countries: Algeria, Jordan, Palestine, Yemen, Tunisia, Sudan, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Syria.
Finally, I express my pleasure and greeting, and highly appreciate YFC Team efforts, in particular Ms. Tala Nabulsi, the YFC Arab Engagement Coordinator. To give me this experience to be the Agent of Change in my local communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment